Himalayan salt lamps are a natural and esthetically pleasing way to clean indoor air. This particular one is powered by a USB, so it's perfect for your desk. The organic shape of this solid piece of Himalayan crystal slowly changes colors and has a very relaxing effect. Little will you realize this little beauty is working so hard. It silently releases negative ions, which neutralize the free radicals in our environment that are created by things like computers, microwaves and airborne mold and allergens.
Size: 5"H x 3"W
Never wash your Himalayan salt lamp as its natural effect is one of self cleansing. With its antibiotic properties it does not need washing. If it gets dusty, just use a dry or slightly damp cloth to clean it.
We do recommend leaving your lamp on as much as possible however, when not using for long periods, do not leave your lamp in a humid room or outside of the home where it is exposed to the elements. Try not to keep your lamp on a window sill or in a bathroom (or anywhere with large amounts of moisture present). How to Clean a Salt Lamp
1. To clean, switch lamp off and wipe with a slightly damp sponge.
2. Leave lamp on wherever possible as the heat from the light bulb will prevent the lamp absorbing moisture.
3. If lamp gets wet leave in strong sunlight for 4 to 5 hours and brush off any excess crystals.
4. When not in use for long periods, disconnect your power cable and remove from the lamp, and store the salt lamp and base in a plastic bag to help prevent the lamp absorbing moisture.
5. In humid conditions we recommend placing your lamp onto a small tray or dish in the rare case they may pool water.
Plugs into computer with USB cable